- to provide an opportunity for participants to explore and obtain an in-depth insight of waqaf.
- to enable participants to identify obstacles, challenges, problem and opportunities in the development of awqaf and its economic sustainability at the national and international level.
- to enlighten the potentials of awqaf as the social and economic framework towards achieving the social empowerment and economic independence of ummah.
- to address the prospects and potential that can gauged from investment in awqaf properties via islamic finance and investment.
- to formulate and extend the conclusions derived from the seminar to relevent authorities for feasible implementations.
Among the speakers who will be presenting their paper are :
- Prof. Dr. Murat Cizacka (INCEIF)
- Tan Sri Mohamad Ali Hashim (Johor Corp.)
- Dr Sohaimi Mohd Salleh (Director General of JAWHAR)
- Prof. Dr. M.A Mannan (SIBL Bank, Bangladesh)
- Dr. Hisham Dafterdar (Islamic Development Bank)
- Dato' Azizan Abdul Rahman (Labuan Offshore Financial Services Authority)
- Dato' Dr. Adnan Alias (Islamic Banking and Finance Institute Malaysia)
- Tuan Haji Nik Mustapha Nik Hassan (IKIM)
- A representative from Kuwait Awqaf Public Foundation (KAPF)
Opening ceremony will be officiated by YAB Dato' Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, Prime Minister of Malaysia, while the closing ceremony will be officiated by YB Dato' Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, Minister of Prime Minister's Department.
As a Phd student and doing my research on waqf, I will take this opportunity to participate in this seminar. I hope I will get a bundle of knowledge that will improve my Phd research and my awqaf management experiences. I am also very glad to hear if there are any valuable inputs from my beloved ISDEV members that can be raise during this seminar.